____________________________

____________________________

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Crèche Festival

A few weeks ago Cedar City had a crèche festival. For those of you like me who had no idea what a crèche is, it is a nativity. Maybe I'm the only weird one who didn't know that. It was really cool to see all of the nativities and to celebrate our Savior, Jesus Christ. Lexi got to be part of the live nativity. She was the angel and was supposed to stand there for 15 minutes, smiling.... that didn't happen. By the end she was a grumpy little angel, but we still love her anyways and were so proud of her for trying. 


This was our crèche that we brought. This simple little gem is one we made when we were first married, but we still love it. 


One of the scout troops in the area made these ones. We thought it was cool to see how different they all were, even though they had the same resources to make them. 

This was probably our favorite crèche of the night. It was made out of balloons. How cool! Some people are so talented!


At the end of the night we were going to pick up our little nativity. Lexi came with me and we left the boys at home. She saw this nativity outside and ran up to it. Before I could even stop her, she was kissing baby Jesus. I didn't want her to ruin someone else's stuff, but it was so dear. I hurried and pulled out my phone. The picture quality isn't very good but I wanted to remember the moment. I asked her to come to me and told her it wasn't very nice to run up like that because it wasn't ours. She told me she just wanted to tell baby Jesus thank you for being born so our family could live together.... and my tears started flowing. Suddenly I didn't really mind (because she wasn't trying to be destructive) that she was up there. I am so happy to have this girl to remind me what Christmas is really about. 

1 comment: