____________________________

____________________________

Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Naughty List

For the first year in her life, Lexi may have been put on Santa's naughty list. I don't know what it is, but the last few months she has had a string of naughty that we just can't break. She has this artistic bone in her body. I get it. She probably gets it from both of her parents. Her problem: she tries to hide the art. This has led to Sharpie on the walls:






pen everywhere:

(Magically I don't have a picture of any of the 6 "murals" that were drawn on the walls. It took a little over a gallon of perfectly matched paint and 6 magic erasers to fix that one!)

And her latest... acrylic paint in my new-to-me carpet:


(This is just a small sample. The worst was in her room, but we had cleaned a bunch of it up before deciding to take a picture.)


We have officially lived here less than 1 week and I have bright blue paint all over my carpet. I get it. I understand that she is busy. Our parents warned us that this would be the case long before she was born. But naughty busy?!? Really? This close to Christmas? 

I want to give this girl a break. I really don't want Santa to bring coal in her stocking... but we have got to figure something else out or some other outlet for her creative self. Ugh. 

Here's hoping that Santa has a merciful heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment