____________________________

____________________________

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Warning... this post may be a little boastful, so if you don't want to hear about how awesome my husband is feel free to skip.

This year I had probably the best and sweetest Valentine's Day of my life. We got Alexis into the Valentine's spirit. She made Valentines for her aunts/uncles, and cousins (Josh, Rachel, and Jaylynn... yours are coming... they were too big to mail). She even made one for her cute friend Nicholas, and he made her one too. It was super sweet. She really enjoyed eating the plastic, and the paper valentine, and her mommy really enjoyed the treats inside.


Chris took me out for our first real Valentine's dinner. Last year we were poor newlyweds and had no money so we made our dinner and had an inside date. He took me to my favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse, where dinner was absolutely divine! Lexi joined us for the fun because we didn't want to ruin someone else's day of love. She was delightful! We came home to a beautiful single pink rose and some super yummy chocolates. He also gave me tickets to Disney on Ice... probably my favorite thing ever! Did I mention the tickets were for the 3rd row? I am so excited I can't wait. There will be plenty of pictures from that event I'm sure. We go on March 11th... so watch for the post after.

Lexi really liked eating the napkin. She caused a lot of trouble with that napkin as her accomplice... this may or may not have included spilling Mommy's drink all over.

Our super yummy dinner

My pretty flower

I didn't forget him either. I got him Epic Mickey. It's a video game for the Wii that he has been DYING to have. (Every time we walked into a store he would stop and look at it. Sometimes he would pick it up and hug it before putting it back. I found a super sweet deal on it one day, and knew that would be the perfect thing for him!) We ended up spending the rest of the night playing the game. It was a blast!





I'm so grateful that I married such a sweet and thoughtful man. Although our lives may be a little crazy at times, I never regret the decision I made to marry him. He has made me so happy and I look forward to many more wonderful moments in our lives.

I hope you all had an enjoyable day as well! We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment